Thursday, September 5, 2013

My published writing beyond my blog

As a newly added writer on MennoNerds, I thought I should give readers a sample of my writing beyond my blog. I am including the links to varios articles and essays that were published in The Mennonite, the official publication of Mennonite Church, USA.

April 21, 2009
"Prayer Changes Things"
Stories of how prayer makes a difference in our lives.

June 16, 2009
"For I was as stranger and you invited me in"
Stories about how to treat the undocumented alien among us with biblical injunctions to do so.

February 1, 2010
"Young adults, we stand amazed in their presence"
How post-modern young adults approach life and why it is good.

April 1, 2011
"Do you understand what I have done for you?"
Reflections on foot washing from the prospective of a Mennonite church in Mexico City.

October 10, 2011
"As you go . . . are you preaching or walking?"

December 3, 2012
"Where is your heart?"
Reflections on God's providence and how different views of money are between U.S. Americans and a friend of mine in Mexico.

July 1, 2013
"Entertaining Angels"
Another story from the church in Mexico City that my cross-cultural group visited in 2010. This one reflects on hospitality to strangers.

I have also published a book Meditations on the Beatitudes: Lessons from the Margins that might be of interest to some of you.
Goodreads link
Cascadia Publishing House link
Amazon.com link
Facebook link

Thanks to MennoNerds and all my readers for your support. Live is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment